Tis the season to take your cooking outdoors. Summer cookouts are meant to be fun and relaxing! There’s no need to stress about getting behind the grill. Here are some of our favorite easy grilling recipes and perfect mead pairings for your next summer event!
The perfect pair with our crisp Honeygirl Apple Cyser, grilled brats are an easy crowd pleaser. Just pop them on the grill, and spice them up with some delicious toppings!
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. When hot, lightly oil grate.
- Grill bratwurst, covered with grill lid for 10 to 15 minutes or until thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- Add your favorite choice of toppings!
Peppers and Onions
- Slice peppers and onion into strips.
- Toss with vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- Put peppers and onions in a grill basket, turning occasionally until they are softened and dark at the edges, about 10 to 12 minutes.
2 cups Chopped Pineapple
1 cup Diced Tomatoes
½ cup Diced Red Pepper
½ cup Red Onion
1 Tbsp Finely Chopped Cilantro
1 ½ Tsp Lime Juice
Coleslaw & Sriracha Honey Drizzle
½ Chopped Cabbage
½ Chopped Red Cabbage
4 Chopped Carrots
½ cup Olive Oil
½ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
4 tsps Dijon Mustard
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tbsp Honey
1 Tbsp Sriracha
2 Ripe Avocados
¼ cup Chopped Red Onion
1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
2 Tsps Lime Juice
Sea Salt to Taste
Corn on the Cob
- Pull the husks back on the corn and remove the silk, then pull the husks back up.
- Fill a bowl full of cool water and place the corn in the sink for 10-20 minutes. Meanwhile heat the grill to medium heat.
- Shake any excess water off of the corn and place on the grill. Cook for 15-20 minutes, rotating every five minutes until the kernels are tender.
- Top to your liking!
If you’re feeling a little more adventurous than salt and butter, try out some of our favorite toppings below!
Chimichurri, Sriracha Honey, Harissa, Olive Tapenade, Curry Powder, Old Bay & Garlic Butter
Mexican Street Corn
Pair with Honeygirl Hibiscus Lemonthyme Mead
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup Sour Cream
Juice of 1 Lime
½ Cup Chopped Cilantro
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
2 Tsps Garlic Powder
1 Cup Cojito Cheese
Summer Salad w/ Grilled Peaches
Pair with Honeygirl Strawberry Mead
1 Head of Bibb Lettuce
½ Sliced Avocado
2 Heirloom Tomatoes
½ Cup Grilled Corn
1 Tbsp Honey
½ Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Basil Leaves
4 Tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsps Lemon Juice
2 tsps Red Wine Vinegar
1 Small Clove Pressed Garlic
Sea Salt & Red Pepper Flakes
- Slice into quarters.
- Toss with honey and vegetable oil.
- Grill over medium heat, about 5 minutes on each side.
Pair with Honeygirl Lavender Mead
Sliced Pound Cake
- Grill the cake slices for about 1 minute each side on medium-high heat.
- Top with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- Drizzle with honey. Enjoy!
Lavender Lemonade Popsicles
For an extra tasty treat to help you cool down after all that grill work, try our Lavender Lemonade Poptails with this easy recipe!
2 Cups Lemonade
1 Cup Honeygirl Lavender Mead
- Combine and freeze overnight.
- Run filled containers under water to help release and enjoy!