The holidays seem to sneak up on us so quickly! And we’re willing to bet they do the same to you. So if you’re scrambling around trying to find your last minute presents, don’t stress! We’ve got you covered on ideas for everyone on your shopping list with our Honeygirl Holiday Gift Guide. Instead of heading to the crowded mall this year, keep it local with a one-of-a-kind gift from right here in the Triangle. Below are some of our favorite local selections even the hardest person to shop for will love!
For the Craft Beverage Fanatic …
- Handcrafted Mead from Honeygirl Meadery – Of course we cannot resist recommending our favorite craft beverage! Stop by our tasting room and check out some of our favorite meads for the holidays – including our brand new Honey Chai!
- Distill My Heart Craft Beverage Tour from Tap the Triangle – What could be better than trying a bunch of different craft beverages throughout the Triangle? How about having your very own driver to take you there?! Go beyond beer, and see what’s new in the local scene with the Distill My Heart Tour.
- Gift Certificate to Bar Virgile – With an everchanging seasonal menu, Bar Virgile is the place to go in Durham for both innovative and classic craft cocktails. Their intimate and cozy setting makes for the perfect date night downtown!
For the Foodie …
- Field of Creams Goat Cheese from Prodigal Farms – You can’t go wrong with any of the delicious goat cheeses from Prodigal Farms. Our favorite, Field of Creams, is the perfect way to wow any cheese connoisseur. Check out their Open Farm Days for a unique experience that’s fun for the whole family!
- Chai Spice Nut Butter from Big Spoon Roasters – Handcrafted, small batch nut butters made right here in Durham. Their Chai Spice will have you reaching for the biggest spoon to eat right out of the jar!
- Kick of the Bull Spicy Beer Mustard from Bull City Burger and Brewery – For that one friend who adds hot sauce to every meal, have them try a little something new to put their taste buds to the test. They’re sure to get a “kick” out of this spicy beer mustard!
For the Durhamite …
- Honeygirl Hive Membership at Honeygirl Meadery – Enjoy Honeygirl Mead year-round with a membership to our new mead club! Honeygirl Hive members boast a tasting room discount, 2 meads per quarter, exclusive deals, private events and more! Email us for your application today.
- Durm Bull Tee from Runaway – Known for their “Durm” logo, Runaway’s tees, hats and hoodies are the most fashionable way to show your Durham pride. Try one of their classic tees or a cozy crewneck for the winter!
- Local Foodie Gift Box from NC Made – Make your shopping easy for the person who likes to try a little bit of everything with a gift box from NC Made! Beautifully hand packaged and delivered right to your door, their Bull City Giftbox is perfect for all things Durham.
For the Sweet Tooth …
- Handmade Chocolates from Chocolatay Confections – Heading to a holiday party this year? Make sure you have some of these handmade chocolates in tow for your favorite holiday host! Our favorites – Whiskey Honey Bonbons and the Honeycomb Crunch Bar. Yummy!
- Mom’s Apple Crumble from The Pie Hole – You can’t go wrong this holiday season with a classic Apple Pie from the Pie Hole. Shh, don’t tell, but it may be even better than Mom’s!
- Creamy Truffles from GerDan Chocolates – Nomnomnom! We can’t get enough of GerDan’s mouthwatering truffles! Find them at our Honeygirl Holiday Party December 14th, and stock up for all your favorite chocolate lovers.
For the Bohemian …
- Rose and Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm from Lo & Behold Natural Body Care – Using 100% natural products and local ingredients, the body care line from Lo & Behold will have you feeling quite pampered this holiday season. We love their Rose and Hibiscus Tinted Lip Balm – perfect for the chilly winter months ahead!
- Air Plant Terrarium from the Zen Succulent – The creatively crafted terrariums from the Zen Succulent are the perfect way to bring nature indoors. For your DIY friend, sign them up for one of their awesome workshops!
- Greek Goddess Dress from Moon.Flower.Child – The handmade clothing at Moon.Flower.Child is just one of the many things offered on this decked out school bus turned wandering boutique! Be sure to check out the artwork and home décor, and the tasty honey from Buddha Bee Apiary!
For the Romantic …
- Seasonal Bouquet from Pine State Flowers – Of course the most timeless romantic gesture is sending the one you love flowers. The most beautiful arrangements are at Pine State flowers, where you’ll find the best local and seasonal buds. Bonus: find your Christmas wreaths here too!
- Staycation at the Carolina Inn – For a romantic weekend getaway look no further than the Carolina Inn in Chapel Hill. Their Southern hospitality will make your stay feel like a home away from home. Enjoy their afternoon tea service or relax out on the front porch. Be sure to stop by their Holiday Market the first three Saturdays of December – we hear it may even snow!
- Cooking Classes at Durham Spirits Co. – For a fun twist on a romantic evening, learn how to make a delicious dinner together! Enjoy a hands-on experience with Durham Spirits Co. and then sit back and enjoy the meal you helped create. Classes are BYOB so be sure to bring your favorite Honeygirl Mead to pair with your dish!
For the Adventurous …
- Hive Tour with Bee Downtown – Visit our favorite pollinators hard at work with a hive tour at Bee Downtown. Get suited up in an official beekeeper suit and witness the life of a honeybee! Learn about the work it takes to help rebuild our bee population and how important they are to our environment
- Workshop at Piedmont Picnic Project – Learn to live and eat locally and sustainably all while having a fun time with Piedmont Picnic Project! Their interactive workshops focus on traditional food practices such as gardening, foraging and preserving.
- Dance Class at Evienne Ballroom Studios – Want to learn a little Salsa? Or how about Rumba? Or maybe you like the traditional Waltz? Check out Evienne Ballroom Studios for both private dance classes and group classes to brush up on your social dance skills.